What does OK Biodegradable WATER Certification mean?
OK biodegradable WATER by TÜV, Austria
Products certified for OK Biodegradable WATER are guaranteed by TUV to biodegrade in natural, freshwater environments and thus substantially contribute to the reduction of waste in rivers, lakes or any natural fresh water.
Criteria required to be satisfied to be awarded OK Biodegradable WATER certification status:-
- Passes Fresh Water Biodegradable Water Biodegradability testing
- Tested to ISO14851 Fresh Water Biodegradability testing standard
- Achieves >90% biodegradability vs control (microcrystalline cellulose) in <56 days
- Triplicate testing to certification testing protocol
- Meets the biodegradability requirements of EN14987
- Tested conducted by an ISO17025 approved laboratory
- TÜV verification of testing standard, testing protocol, test data and approved test lab status
- Passes Aquatic Ecotoxicity Analysis
- TÜV verification of product data, source of data and that data meet ecotoxicity requirements
- Certification & Serial Coded Logo Unique to Product Tested
- Verification on TÜV website
- TÜV Guaranteed biodegradation in a natural, freshwater environment
Bioglitter® and ‘OK Biodegradable WATER’ Certification
- Cosmetic Bioglitter® PURE – is ‘OK Biodegradable WATER’ certified by TUV, Logo Serial No S0933. – A world first!
- Cosmetic Bioglitter® SPARKLE, Deco Bioglitter® SPARKLE and Craft Bioglitter® – are not currently OK Biodegradable Water certified.
- However, ISO14851 testing demonstrates we are only 3% off meeting the biodegradability performance criteria to become certified. As we remove the last bit of plastic from SPARKLE and replace it will plastic free elements, it will allow us to improve the biodegradability performance, enabling SPARKLE to become Certified.