What does TÜV, “OK Biodegradable WATER” Certification mean?
OK biodegradable WATER by TÜV, Austria
Products certified for OK Biodegradable WATER are GUARANTEED by TUV to biodegrade in natural, freshwater environments and thus substantially contribute to the reduction of waste in rivers, lakes or any natural freshwater.
Criteria required to be satisfied to be awarded OK Biodegradable WATER certification status:-
- Passes Fresh Water Biodegradable Water Biodegradability testing
- Tested to ISO14851 Fresh Water Biodegradability testing standard
- Achieves >90% biodegradability vs control (microcrystalline cellulose) in <56 days
- Triplicate testing to certification testing protocol
- Meets the biodegradability requirements of EN14987
- Tested conducted by an ISO17025 approved laboratory
- TÜV verification of testing standard, testing protocol, test data and approved test lab status
- Passes Aquatic Ecotoxicity Analysis
- TÜV verification of product data, source of data and that data meet ecotoxicity requirements
- TÜV, 3rd party, independent and trusted certification body.
- Certification & serial coded logo unique to the product tested
- All certificates or serial marked logos can be verified on TÜV website;
- Serial code from the logo or certificate code or company certified
- Certified products are Guaranteed by TÜV to biodegrade in a natural, freshwater environment
Bioglitter™ and ‘OK Biodegradable WATER’ Certification
|Cosmetic Bioglitter® PURE =||TÜV, ‘OK Biodegradable WATER’ Certified.|
Logo Serial No S0933
- Cosmetic Bioglitter™ SPARKLE, Deco Bioglitter™ SPARKLE and Craft Bioglitter™ – are not currently TÜV, OK Biodegradable Water certified.
- ISO14851 testing result of 87% in 28days for Bioglitter™ SPARKLE products demonstrates we are only 3% off meeting the biodegradability performance criteria to become certified. We are working hard to remove the last bit of non- freshwater biodegradable polymer from Bioglitter™ SPARKLE products to enable it to pass freshwater biodegradability and achieve certification. What this space.
- Remember NOT being able to pass ISO14851 and achieve TUV OK Biodegradable WATER proves that a glitter contains some microplastic (polymers that do not biodegrade in natural, freshwater environments). This is currently the case with Bioglitter™ SPARKLE. Ronald Britton Ltd have always been open and transparent about Bioglitter SPARKLE containing a little microplastic and the ISO14851 test results prove this. Achieving 87% in ISO14851 testing also proves there is very little microplastic in Bioglitter™ SPARKLE, a lower result would prove there is more microplastic present.